Tuesday, September 2, 2008

What Gives?

The margin between being bored and being overwhelmed is, for me, about the size of an ant's baby.

In utero.

Why is it that I can't seem to strike that balance? I'm either out of my head bored shitless or I'm over-committed, stressed out and flaking out on all of my obligations.

I start school tomorrow, and I have nineteen shiny new fifth graders who are depending on having me fully present. I'm passionate about curriculum development, so I joined that committee, as well as the admissions committee. I auditioned for, and got a part in, a local theater production. That's a new one for me, but the time commitment is insane. My daughter's in that with me, but her rehearsals and my rehearsals don't line up. Thank god for the pizza joint across the street from the theater. They'll get to know us real well in there. We'll be like their very own Norm.

My son is a budding soccer star, and someone's gotta bring the kid to the field (and cheer for him every once in a while). There's laundry to do ( and yes, it needs to be folded too - rude!) shopping, lunches to pack, papers to grade, marriage to tend, bedtime stories to read, dog to walk, phone calls to return, and SHIT! A girl could lose her mind.

I choose NOW to take on this damn Bloggedy blog that I seem to care about all of the sudden. What the hell is up with that?

My timing is just super.

2 comments:

DKC said...

Yet you are still managing to post every day! Which is still a dream of mine...

Thanks for the comment on my Mommy Wars dilemma - tough one, isn't it?

Good luck with all of your time constraints - I look forward to hearing how everything works out. What's the show you and your daughter are doing?

MsPicketToYou said...

girrrrrrllllll. i hear you.


also, thank god for pizza.